Presentation Review


Presentation Review



From the feedback I was given from my presentation on Guillermo Del Toro, I know that I should attempt to use more images to demonstrate some of my points, especially linking with Del Toro's use of colour. Also, next time i could try to create a video essay to further show my points in more detail. I think that having dialogue behind my images and evidence would further display my point with some of the topics i chose to discuss. 

In addition, my partners said that i included a lot of detailed information to explain the different auteur features in detail and that I included examples from other sources such as the real life ghost story that the director experienced, persuading him to create Crimson Peak.

From the research I did into Guillermo Del Toro, i found out there was more evidence to suggest he was an auteur than i originally thought. He uses primary, tertiary, and contrasting colours on the colour wheel to convey character emotions and believable environments, as well as the themes of fantasy and war. Going deeper, i discovered a lot of his stories incorporate an orphan to show something being lost/the characters main struggle. 

As well as this, his movies can literally be sorted into the Red/Green/Blue/Yellow one. (Crimson Peak, The Shape of Water,Blade 2, and Cronos) Del Toro often uses these vivid colours to create stunning worlds for his films, and vibrant imagery.

As well as this, his characters often have the internal struggle of letting go of the past, or leaving something such as a memory behind. This is conveyed in films such as Pacific Rim (Where there was a Jaeger incident during one of the characters early lives) and again in Crimson Peak (Where the main protagonist is haunted by ghosts of her past).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluative Analysis

Active/Passive Spectatorship

Cinematic Ideas